These Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls are an explosion of Chocolate sensation yet so super simple to make. It will literally take you 10 minutes to make the dough and then you just need to shape them into balls e voila! Dessert done!
Why are these Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls good for you?
These Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls are a wholesome and protein rich little snack but also a decadent treat that will satisfy your chocolate cravings. They taste like a dessert but are actually a healthy protein snack, great even as a post workout “meal” (maybe not a complete meal but as a little something until you can have a proper one).
They are basically just hazelnuts and buckwheat ground together plus coconut oil, dates and cocoa. All wholesome and healthy ingredients.
What do I need to make these bliss balls?
To make these little gems you will need either a food processor or a blender. I prefer using a food processor.
The Process of making these bliss balls
This is so easy. You literally just need to process the hazelnuts and buckwheat, then blend dates with melted coconut oil. Then add the rest of ingredients plus hazelnut and buckwheat and puls until you get a wet sticky dough. Shape into balls and dip them into some reserved ground hazelnuts.
If you’re a chocolate lover you check out these as well
- No-tella Healthy homemade Nutella
- Vegan Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Buckwheat Almond Crust Tart with Sweet Potato Chocolate Ganache
Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Food Processor or blender
- 1 cup raw buckwheat soaked for 2 hours if you want smoother texture
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts + 2 tbsp for rolling the balls
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup pitted dates soak them if you don't have a powerful blender
- 2 pinch salt
- 2-3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Soak buckwheat for few hours if you want a smoother texture of the bliss balls. I prefer them to be crunchy so I don't. The small pieces of raw buckwheat give that nice crunch
- Place the hazelnuts in the processor and process them roughly, reserve 2 tbsp.Then do the same with buckwheat
- Blend dates with melted coconut oi, then add the hazelnuts, buckwheat and the rest of ingredients. Puls until you get a wet sticky dough. If it is too dry add more syrup.
- You can place it into the fridge to firm up to make the shaping of balls easier. Shape the balls and roll them in reserved ground hazelnut.
- Store them in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Hrskave kuglice od lješnjaka i čokolade
Ovo je super jednostavan desert koji je toliko cjelovit i napravljen od zdravih sastojaka da je prije zdravi međuobrok ili proteinski snack nego slatkiš.
Evo vam i recept pa probajte 😉
Sastojci za 30 kom
1 šalica lješnjaka + 2-3 žlice za uvaljati kuglice
1 šalica heljde
3 žlice kakaa
1 šalica datulja (12-15 kom)
1/2 šalice kokosovog ulja
2 prstohvata soli
2-3 žlice javorovog ili agavinog sirupa
- U grubo samljeti lješnjake i heljdu, presuti u posudu.
- Zatim izblendati datulje s uljem, dodati sve ostale sastojke i pulsati da se poveže i mokrastu smjesu. Dodati još sirupa ako treba da se bolje poveže i da bude dovoljno slatko.
- Staviti u hladnjak da se malo stisne pa da bude lakše raditi kuglice.
- Raditi kuglice veličine oraha i uvaljati u ostatak mljevenog lješnjaka.