Overnight Oats done a bit differently, but just as simple. You could say that it was a smoothie overnight oats hybrid 😉
This idea came to me as I love making chia puddings with smoothies instead of milk as it makes them more flavourful and different every time. Just as same you can make all sorts of these little pots alternating smoothies you make them with.
Make them a night in advance or if you need a long time to get ready in the morning, you can make the an hour ahead.
Just like chia pudding I like pairing these with yoghurt. Here I used coconut, but you can go with any kind you like and use. These little pots will keep you full thanks to the oats, chia and psyllium, they are so good for your digestion, will keep your bowels happy 😉
The point is in mixing ground oats (for creamier texture) and chia with a smoothie. The one I used here is made with raspberries and bananas, dates, ginger and psyllium, but as I said, you can go with a combo you like.
You can also add superfoods to make it even more nourishing and awesome. I added Baobab and Acai powders (for amazing properties but also not to mess up the gorgeous pink colour, haha).
And here’s the recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes + soaking time
Yields: 1 portion
4 tbsp oat flakes
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup oat milk
1/2 cup raspberries
1 tsp psyllium
small piece of ginger
1 tsp Baobab powder
1 tsp Açai powder
a few springs of parsley (optional)
1. Grind oat flakes in coffee grinder
2. Place in a jar and add chia seeds
3. Prepare a smoothie: place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If your blender heats up the liquids while blending, add some ice or use frozen fruits. I don’t need to since my Electorlux Masterpiece Blender doesn’t 🙂
4. Add smoothie to the mixture of oats and chia and mix until well incorporated.
5. Let it sit for at least an hour or overnight.
6. Serve with fruits and yoghurt. I used coconut yoghurt but use any you like.
Hope you like these little breakfast treats.
Guys, I hope you like this recipe; if you recreate it tag on Instagram with #deliciousandhealthybymaya @delicious_and_healthy_by_maya for a chance to be featured;)
And if you like what I share on my blog, please subscribe to my updates above.
For updates, you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin.
Lots of love,