Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls
These Buckwheat and Chocolate Bliss Balls are a wholesome and protein rich little snack but also a decadent treat that will satisfy your chocolate cravings
- 1 cup raw buckwheat soaked for 2 hours if you want smoother texture
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts + 2 tbsp for rolling the balls
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup pitted dates soak them if you don't have a powerful blender
- 2 pinch salt
- 2-3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
Soak buckwheat for few hours if you want a smoother texture of the bliss balls. I prefer them to be crunchy so I don't. The small pieces of raw buckwheat give that nice crunch
Place the hazelnuts in the processor and process them roughly, reserve 2 tbsp.Then do the same with buckwheat
Blend dates with melted coconut oi, then add the hazelnuts, buckwheat and the rest of ingredients. Puls until you get a wet sticky dough. If it is too dry add more syrup.
You can place it into the fridge to firm up to make the shaping of balls easier. Shape the balls and roll them in reserved ground hazelnut.
Store them in the fridge up to 2 weeks.