Simple Mushroom Pasta
Super easy and mutritious pasta recipe for one
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped baby tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 tsp chili
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Shoyu naturally fermented soy sauce you can use liquid aminos
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Bunch of parsley - minced
- 1 garlic clove - optional
- 1 portion spelt spaghetti
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil1 tsp ume su optional
Cook the spaghetti Sauté spices and mushrooms on olive oil (and minced garlic if using), season with salt.
Sauté until slightly browned and fragrant, then add tomatoes and Shoyu.
Keep sautéing for 2-3 minutes until veggies are soft.
Add toasted sesame oil (for the added smokiness) and parsley.
Mix in spaghetti.
At this point I like adding a little bit more of olive oil for the taste.
Check and season if needed with more salt.
- When cooking on extra virgin olive oil, start with a cool pan, add olive oil and spices and then put it on a flame. This is to avoid the oil burning up
- You can sub the mushrooms with zucchini or eggplant. It will be a bit different but amazing. I also love adding some vegan cheese in this zucchini or eggplant version (or dairy if you eat dairy, goat preferably).
- Use any shape of pasta and for gluten free version you can use rice, corn or quinoa ones.