No Bake Chestnut Cake, Gluten free, vegan and grain free. It’s like vegan cheese cake but without cashew nuts, so not so heavy but as creamy and delicious.
What are the main ingredients in this No Bake Chestnut Cake?
The cake consists of 3 parts:
- chestnut puree filling
- and homemade chocolate topping.
The base is a combination of almonds, dates and coconut oil, second layer is just chestnut puree with coconut oil and sweetened with maple syrup and the top layer is homemade chocolate made with just coconut oil, cocoa, sweetener and plant milk. Sounds good so far?
Why is it that this No Bake Chestnut Cake isn’t as heavy as the average vegan unbaked cake?
While the usual raw or unbaked vegan cakes are made with lots of nuts, specifically cashews, this cake is mainly chestnut puree which is as nutrient rich but not as fatty and heavy as nuts. Also it needs less coconut oil to keep the shape. Also what I like about this cake is that it won’t melt at room temperature as nutty raw cakes.
Where do I get the chestnut puree?
Where I live I can get it in pastry shops but also most supermarkets have it in the frozen products section. The truth is that is often comes already sweetened. In case you don’t find the unsweetened one, just use the sweetened and use less maple syrup. Just add as much as it is needed.
In case you can’t find it, you can use cooked canned chestnut. Place them with some plant milk in the pot, cook until super soft and then blend them.
If you like unbaked and raw cakes, you might also like:
If you like this recipe and try it or any other from my blog, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment 🙂
To occasionally get an update on my recipes, you can subscribe to my newsletter above.
No Bake Chestnut Cake
- Blender/Food Processor
- 18 – 20 cm round cake tin, or a equivalent size square or rectangle tin
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla optional
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups chestnut puree (500g)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or less, adjust to your liking
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp unsweetned cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond or oat milk or use any kind of plant milk
- Chop and soak the dates, at least 15 minutes, depending how soft they are. If they're fresh and super soft you can skip the soaking part
- Place almonds in food processor and roughly grind them, remove
- Place drained dates and melted coconut oil in the food processor and blend util smooth. Then add ground almonds, salt and vanilla if using and puls until you get a wet sticky mass
- Press firmly into lined round cake tin to make the base
- For chestnut layer, place room temperature chestnut puree in the processor, add melted coconut oil and the rest of ingreditents. Blend until very smooth. It shouldn't take more the a minute.It is important that you don't use cold chestnut pure as it will make the coconut oil firm up and make blending impossible.
- Pour the chestnut fillig over the base and place in the fridge or a freezer if you're in a hurry, to set and chill so the melted chocolate would firm up as we pour it on top
- Prepare the chocolate: Place a bowl with coconut oil over a pot with boiling water. When it is melted, add syrup and cocoa. Stir to blend it and then add milk. Keep stiring until you get a nice smooth chocolate.
- Pour on top of chilled cake. It should start firming up really quickly
- Leave it in the fridge to set. It will keep in the fridge up to 10 days, at least a month in the freezer.
Nepečena torta od kestena i čokolade
Kolač od kestena – prefino kremast a bez glutena i žitarica. Jako posjeća na sirovi cheese cake ali je puno laganiji jer većinu mase nose kesteni a ne indijski oraščići.
Kesten pire možete nabaviti smrznut u trgovinama ili u slastičarni svježi. Ukoliko iste u mogućnosti naći nezalađeni, samo smanjite količinu sirupa koji koristite.
Ako ga probate napraviti, voljela bi čuti kako vam se svidio.
Za kalup 18 do 20 cm
Evo sastojaka za slojeve:
2 šalice badema
1 šalica datulja
3 žlice rastopljenog kokosovog ulja
Prstohvat vanilije (nije obvezno)
2 šalice kesten pirea
1/3 šalice javorovog sirupa
1/2 šalice rastopljenog kokosovog ulja
2 žlice kokosovog ulja
3 žlice javorovog sirupa
1/3 šalice bademovog mlijeka
4-5 žlica kakaa
- Narežite datulje i namočite ih u toploj vodi. Ukoliko su jako mekane, ne trebate ih namakati
- Grubo sameljite badem
- Stavite datulje s rastopljenim kokosovim uljem u sjeckalicu i blendajte dok ne dobijete glatku pastu, dodajte ostatak sastojaka i badem i kratko još blendajte da dobijete mokrastu ljepljivu smjesu
- Utisnite je u kalup
- Pripremite sloj kestena. Stavite kesten pire u sjeckalicu s rastopljenim kokosovim uljem, sirupom i soli i blendajte dok ne dobijete glatku smjesu.
- Stavite preko baze pa u hladnjak da se stisne.
- Ako vam se žuri, možete i u zamrzivač
- Pripremite čokoladu: rastopite kokosovo ulje na pari (stavite u zdjelu pa na lonac s proključalom vodom), dodajte sirup i kakao i miješajte da se poveže. Zatim dodajte mlijeko i nastavite miješati dok ne dobijete glatku tekuću čokoladu.
- Prelijte preko ohlađenog kolača.
- Možete ga čuvati u hladnjaku do 10 dana.