Delicious and healthy snack on the go. These Chocolate Granola Bars are refined sugar free, protein and good carbs rich, and so easy to make.Forget buying expensive snacks when you can make these at home, quickly and fuss free. You don’t need to freeze them, they will not melt or fall apart if you take them with you.
For these little treats I used Minimalist Baker recipe, making a few changes.
– I added hemp seeds to make them more rich in protein and good fats (omega 3 fatty acids)
– I used sesame instead of walnuts
– and tahini instead of almond butter – but feel free to use any nut or seed butter for different flavours.
The almonds and sesame are toasted for a nicer flavour and everything else is basically raw. You only need to warm up a bit tahini with rice sirup to make them a bit thinner.
Follow the photos to see how I made them 😉
A bunch of these babies is going with me to Thailand tomorrow… Will need them to keep me nourished and happy on our journey.
1 cup soaked dates
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 – 2/3 cup cocoa powder (depending of how chocolatey you want them 🙂
1/2 cup hemp seeds
3 heaping tbsp rice malt syrup (1 tbsp agave nectar if needed)
2 heaping tbsp tahini (or almond or peanut butter)
pinch of Himalayan salt
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp firm coconut oil (if already melted, then use 2 tbsp)
1. Toast almonds and sesame seeds in the oven
2. Process soaked dates in food processor until they turn into a paste and rough dough forms
3. Put all the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well
4. In a small sauce pan heat tahini and rice malt syrup until slightly runny
5. Add processed dates and tahini mixture into dry ingredients, add lemon juice and agave nectar if needed
6. Mix well, best using your hands until everything is well incorporated and a wet dough forms
7. Press the dough firmly onto lined baking pan and leave for a few hours in the fridge to firm up
8. When firm, take it our of the pan and cut into desired shapes
9. Prepare the sauce. Melt the ingredients on low heat until incorporated
10. Drizzle the chocolate sauce on the bars and sprinkle with chopped almonds or hemp seeds.
11. Cool again for chocolate to set
12. Wrap in separate parchment paper sheets and store in the fridge.
Hope you like these as much as we all did 🙂